Driving traffic to your website is a smart move for any online business. However, to successfully make it online, you’ll need more than just traffic generation and concentrate on website conversion. A lot of marketers spend a fortune driving traffic to their websites but forget an important element of website marketing: website conversion.
To help you out, here are 7 steps to boost your website conversions:
1. Determine conversion objectives – Start by knowing what you want to achieve. What is your online marketing goal? Some intend to earn revenue, while others just want to generate leads. Regardless of your purpose, having specific objectives is required to succeed in website conversion.
2. Systematize and optimize site structure – Ensure that your website is neat, orderly, and easy to navigate. Remember that you barely have second seconds to grab a visitor’s attention and stir his/her interest in buying your products/services. Unfortunately, if your website is messy or difficult to navigate, your potential customers will not waste time getting confused on your site.
3. Come up with a consistent message – Ensure that your website has a clear, compelling message, and implement it throughout your site. When discussing about your products/services, keep your content and style consistent and relevant. Having a consistent message can help your website achieve a more cohesive look and feel that visitors can easily recognize and remember.
4. Strategically put effective calls to action – Providing accurate steps or directions to visitors is crucial. Never assume that your potential customers already know what to do next. To lead them where you want them, be more direct and specific when labeling buttons or links to click. Instead of using “click here,” clarify your directions further and change it to “click here to buy now.”
5. Ensure fast loading time – Almost everyone wants everything to be fast and instant—including web page loading time. And most people are rather impatient to slow loading websites or simply have no luxury of time to wait. In fact, studies show that around 50% of all visitors will leave a site/web page if not fully loaded in eight seconds.
6. Evaluate shopping experience – Carefully assess the ease of buying products/services on your site. Is it painless and hassle-free to order or do your customers need to go through numerous registration pages just to complete a purchase? Opt for one click ordering process or at least simplify your registration procedure.
7. Test, calculate, improve – Boosting online conversions is an ongoing effort. Ensure that you utilize the correct analytics to constantly gauge and enhance your conversion rates. Check out Google Analytics and Google Conversion Tracking if you don’t have a conversion monitoring package yet.
Though sometimes overlooked, website conversion is indeed one of the most critical elements of Internet marketing. Closely monitor your website conversion rate; otherwise, much of your online marketing efforts would be wasted.